Welcome Friends and Family


I do want to start by saying thank you! I know your support and prayers have given me the strength I need. We are all very grateful to have so many people praying for us everyday! I know at first everyone was calling and wanting to know what happened? The problem was we still didn't understand what had happened. It all happened so fast. So...I do apologize for not communicating but, it was very difficult for me. It seemed the only time I knew what was going on was when I was explaining it to someone and it was like the nightmare kept repeating over and over as I would explain it. Then we began to have many people ask us what we needed. The problem with that was we did not know what we needed. I know my answer usually was prayers and that is something we can always use. I tried to email friends but, even that was hard. For those of you that know me I am blind without my glasses, and crying plus typing at the same time is practically impossible. So I hope this page can keep everyone stay informed and updated. Thank you for all your support, prayers, cards, and gifts. Soren was very happy with all his new fun toys, this really helps him stay busy playing all day. It is very comforting knowing that so many people are there for us!



Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Part Two of 7-7-07

He is still at the hospital. The doctors say that he will be there until Sunday, "Hopefully before Sunday". It all depends on if the infection goes away. They are saying that the infection is a "pocket infection" in the skin, which is better than having it in the blood or in the medi-port. He has taken a lot from the nurses and doctors but he seems to be doing well. This morning my wife was surprised to find that while he was eating, a tube to the medi-port disconnected which caused a puddle of blood in his bed. It is amazing how this medi-port works. If there is a break in the line, the blood will start to flow outward. He was alright but I can tell my wife was extremely stressed out. So far the medi-port does not have to come out but that could change. I am becoming more tired each day. I cannot imagine how my son feels. I would like to thank all the people who have prayed for us. I think that because of all the prayers and concerns he is doing well. I would like to ask everyone to continue their prayers in hopes that he is healed and there is no more surgery.

Part 2 1/2 (by mommy)
Yes I happened to be there when his medi-port disconnected. It was scary at first there was so much blood I couldn't really tell where it was coming from. The good thing is I was there and not Tim. I told the nurse I am so thankful this happened while I was here because if my husband was here you would have two patients to deal with. Soren was very calm (HE MUST TAKE AFTER HIS MOM) he said I have an emergency call an ambulance that was it. I was very happy that the nurse was able to clear the line this kind of thing could of resulted in something worse.

No comments: