Welcome Friends and Family


I do want to start by saying thank you! I know your support and prayers have given me the strength I need. We are all very grateful to have so many people praying for us everyday! I know at first everyone was calling and wanting to know what happened? The problem was we still didn't understand what had happened. It all happened so fast. So...I do apologize for not communicating but, it was very difficult for me. It seemed the only time I knew what was going on was when I was explaining it to someone and it was like the nightmare kept repeating over and over as I would explain it. Then we began to have many people ask us what we needed. The problem with that was we did not know what we needed. I know my answer usually was prayers and that is something we can always use. I tried to email friends but, even that was hard. For those of you that know me I am blind without my glasses, and crying plus typing at the same time is practically impossible. So I hope this page can keep everyone stay informed and updated. Thank you for all your support, prayers, cards, and gifts. Soren was very happy with all his new fun toys, this really helps him stay busy playing all day. It is very comforting knowing that so many people are there for us!



Saturday, July 14, 2007

HELP SUPPORT SOREN'S TEAM

I just wanted to say that this blog is a perfect way to keep everyone informed about our son's progress. I know sometimes it may not be the most uplifting thing to read but, it brings an interesting perspective on this disease. I will be honest prior to this I had no idea what Leukemia even was. I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. I know that even though this has been a difficult time for us all, we are adjusting to our new lifestyle which seems to revolve around counts. I know that this blog helps me journal this process and remind myself that this is just a part of our lives now. Although some of the things we have been through have been tough I am sure without having SUPPORT FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY this would be much more difficult. Unfortunately, there are many children that we see regularly that do not have the support that we do. That is why I decided to support the Leukemia Lymphoma Society and help Light the night on October 6, 2007 at Fresno State. This helps raise money for The Leukemia Lymphoma Society. This organization helps out many families who may not be fortunate enough to have medical benefits or even assist with rides to and from the hospital as well as many other resources. They also assist in helping find a cure! I know we are only one family but, there are many cases of Leukemia each year. Most of the time I feel helpless so I figure the least I can do is help with raising awareness, to help support other families ,and of course help raise money to assist in finding a cure. So we have provided a link in the upper left corner just click on it and join. The way it works is in order to be considered a team we need to have at least 10 team members each member will be able to raise their own money everything is set up already you can just e-mail all your friends and family and they can donate directly to the Leukemia Lymphoma society from your donation page. It is really that easy I know we all forward jokes every now and then so why not do something for a good cause! You can choose to walk and raise money yourself. There is no minimum amount that you need to raise every bit helps. Another important detail you don't need to be in tip top shape all ages are encouraged and welcome ( remember I will be 8 months pregnant so believe me I won't be walking very fast) If you are unable to join you can donate money to those of us participating on a team in Soren's honor called SOREN'S TEAM.

1 comment:

Katie Blanton said...

I would like to put something together with all my members! We can create a T-shirt for all of your walkers, and I can link all of your stuff on my website! What do you think?

I love you guys. Give Soren big hugs for me!