Welcome Friends and Family


I do want to start by saying thank you! I know your support and prayers have given me the strength I need. We are all very grateful to have so many people praying for us everyday! I know at first everyone was calling and wanting to know what happened? The problem was we still didn't understand what had happened. It all happened so fast. So...I do apologize for not communicating but, it was very difficult for me. It seemed the only time I knew what was going on was when I was explaining it to someone and it was like the nightmare kept repeating over and over as I would explain it. Then we began to have many people ask us what we needed. The problem with that was we did not know what we needed. I know my answer usually was prayers and that is something we can always use. I tried to email friends but, even that was hard. For those of you that know me I am blind without my glasses, and crying plus typing at the same time is practically impossible. So I hope this page can keep everyone stay informed and updated. Thank you for all your support, prayers, cards, and gifts. Soren was very happy with all his new fun toys, this really helps him stay busy playing all day. It is very comforting knowing that so many people are there for us!



Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Kiss Country Radio-thon 2007

As many of you know we were back in the hospital last week because Soren had a virus and a fever with low counts! He is at home and feeling much better he just shared his little virus with mommy and daddy. They released us with directions that said keep him off his meds. and wash hands frequently and stay away from sick people. So does anyone want another child LOL! While we were there one of my favorite radio stations was there having a fundraiser for the hospital. I was blown away with the amount of people I saw volunteering it was pretty cool. I wanted to contribute something since this truly is our home away from home. I wrote a short letter with hopes that Tim would read it on air ( Because he is the stronger one) he told me no babe you read it. So I went to the radio DJ and asked her to read it but she talked me into reading it so I did. I did get choked up on a couple of parts so for those of you who may have been listening I typed it out. I do however think it is something for everyone in the valley to ponder on. I know many of our friends and family are working hard to help us out with Soren's Team for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. I know someone told me we should of been change bandits instead of doing the light the night walk. Let me explain. The radio-thon collects for the hospital for instance the funds go to purchasing equipment for the hospital such as incubators for preemies etc. That is just awesome. The light the nigh walk assists with research not just for children for everyone! So basically they are two entirely different things. Thanks for all your support either way anything helps either organization.

To Kiss Country and all their dedicated listeners,

On behalf of my family I'd like to thank you for your devotion to such an awesome facility. On April 27, 2007 our son Soren was taken to his regular doctor for what we thought was a regular cold and maybe an ear infection. That day the doctor sent us to get lab work that evening she called and asked if we could take him to Valley Children's Hospital the next day for some more lab work. On Saturday, April 28, 2007 we went to Children's hospital and a couple hours later we received a call to come back to the hospital that our son Soren was going to be admitted to the oncology department because they suspected he had leukemia. We drove right back and walked straight in to a room that was ready for us. They sat us down and confirmed our biggest fear our 3 year old son had leukemia. I recall feeling completely helpless, but I remember all the staff was very supportive and there with us. So basically in about 24 hours we were directed to one of the best places possible. That whole day was a blur, but one thing I do remember was Dr. Johnson welcoming us to the family. Soren was diagnosed with A.L.L. Leukemia will continue to receive treatment ere for the next 3 years ( until 2010). There have been times when we had to come back to the hospital 4 times a week for chemo. We are fortunate to live in Fresno and be able to drive back and forth and continue work and be a somewhat normal family. Just knowing that we have a facility of this magnitude in our back yard with the quality of staff here to care for our children means the world to me. I would like to thank all of you who have chosen to make this hospital a priority. As a parent we always want to give our children the world why not make sure that if and when necessary there is a world class facility available to them. The children really deserve to have a hospital that specializes and caters to all their needs. Thanks again for supporting this hospital and putting our children first. God Bless all of you who continue to support our children and help provide them with such an amazing hospital. Trish

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.