Welcome Friends and Family


I do want to start by saying thank you! I know your support and prayers have given me the strength I need. We are all very grateful to have so many people praying for us everyday! I know at first everyone was calling and wanting to know what happened? The problem was we still didn't understand what had happened. It all happened so fast. So...I do apologize for not communicating but, it was very difficult for me. It seemed the only time I knew what was going on was when I was explaining it to someone and it was like the nightmare kept repeating over and over as I would explain it. Then we began to have many people ask us what we needed. The problem with that was we did not know what we needed. I know my answer usually was prayers and that is something we can always use. I tried to email friends but, even that was hard. For those of you that know me I am blind without my glasses, and crying plus typing at the same time is practically impossible. So I hope this page can keep everyone stay informed and updated. Thank you for all your support, prayers, cards, and gifts. Soren was very happy with all his new fun toys, this really helps him stay busy playing all day. It is very comforting knowing that so many people are there for us!



Saturday, August 4, 2007

On our way to Interim Maintenance

Today was his last day of chemo for this week. For the last two weeks he has had chemo 4 times a week. He has been doing pretty good a little moody at times and nauseous but, overall he is doing fine! Keep praying for him. The next couple of weeks he will be finishing up this consolidation phase and moving into Interim Maintenance. However, his counts are dropping which is normal for him at this stage. The reason we are excited that he is almost ready for the next phase is because it will not be as intense as this phase he is currently in. We may even be able to be a little more normal! So as soon as he is on the next phase his counts should begin to go up! We shall see... I know I am getting a little ahead of things It has just been hard for him to have to be so confined. This Wednesday will be a tough day for him. He will have a different dose of chemo and what is called PEG (two long needles administered at the same time in his quadriceps). This is just brutal for us all, he has had this done several times and many of the times we were able to do it while he was still out but, this time he will be awake. After this he is very sore. Like I said before your prayers are extremely helpful!

P.S. Happy 30th Birthday Tim!

No comments: